Fresh Out Of A BreakUP
Sorry for the wait, lol...Busy trying to make these A's for the Fall semester...But it's over now and I accomplished my goal! I got A's in both classes....still makes me smile.
But let's talk...Fresh out of a breakup...I am single! So you know with breakups, you always feel sad, disappointed, and a complete waste of time...that's how I feel. I'm not sad about the breakup, I'm sad because I failed myself...i jumped into a relationship with someone that I barely knew. So when the real person came out, I had no interest in her...She said all the good things and made me feel that she was the love of my life...but in reality, she wasn't. I don't even blame her, I blame myself...I saw all the red signs in the first month of the relationship and I still stayed with her...hoping she would change...I even lowered my standards just so that I could still have her....I blame myself...However, I learned from this situation and I hope some of you learn from my mistake....
The Things I learned....
1. Get to know her first, learn her flaws and see her weakness first....
2. Don't develop feelings for her until you are sure she is who she say she is....
3. Don't ever lower you standards...they are your standards and if someone loves you enough they will make an effort to meet them.
4. Don't ignore red signs just because you are lonely and just want to be with someone...
5. Always keep God first, if she doesn't bring you closer to God then she not the one....
6. Never stop working on your goals for you...such as education, career, financial stability
7. Never be afraid to let go...you meet people everyday and you never know who is waiting to meet you.
I truly needed your blog. Just like you I am fresh out of a relationship. I did the same things that you did, lowering my standards and ignoring warning signs. I must say that I'm not sad. I'm angry with myself for letting her in. I thought because of the fact that we were friends first things would be great. Negative! I learned that as people we only learn and see the things we want to see about people. I was living in a fantasy world driving along the pretty roads with no traffic oblivious to all the BS flying at me. I was beginning to put myself second and settle. It took a night out and unfortunately alcohol for me to wise up and wake up. To remove the blinders and fully look at how I was treated. I learned that people who truly want to be in loving, thriving, healthy relationships will make the effort to understand their partner and learn to compromise and meet in the middle. I shall use this life lesson as my stepping stone to finding my true and forever love. I hope you can use my words of wisdom just as I have used yours. Thank you!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comment and the words of wisdom! I am sure that I will look back at your response as a stepping stone! I really feel that things happened the way that do so that we can become stronger. My breakup has made me stronger, in just a little time. I am looking forward to the future bc I am sure that we will both meet the love of our lives eventually.
DeleteYour welcome, anytime. I shall use your words as stepping stones as well. And yes, when we're ready and the time is right we shall meet the Forever Loves of our lives.
ReplyDelete