Monday, May 16, 2016

Expectations...

I was reading an article this morning and found this statement....


Never expect anything.
Don’t expect your partner to read your mind, or to bring you breakfast in bed, or to offer to wash the dishes. It’s not going to happen. You can’t expect anything from anyone – you have to make it known. Communicate. Make sure your partner knows what you expect from the relationship, as well as your opinions on a wide variety of issues. This will help them act considerate towards you, but still – don’t expect anything!


I admit, I live by expectations...I always feel that people should do what is expected of them without asking...You know I expect people to have manners, respect, loyalty, honesty and the list goes on and on...
But my expectations ALWAYS FAIL...People aren't the same anymore...People are self-centered and selfish as hell. 
Some people don't know how to love anymore...or they show it inappropriate ways like arguing, fighting, and other unhealthy ways...that's not love people! 

Love should feel good and be consistent...Love should be the extra bonus...Love should be felt when the words are not said...Love should make you feel so good that the love in return makes you weak....Love should be everlasting...Love should make you smile when you are feeling down...Love should make you wanna be a better person...Love should make you wanna fulfill your partner's expectations...

However, expectations leads to disappointments...


I'm just now learning now to expect anything from anyone but God himself. 

In this process...It will be hard because I have always believed that people should treat you how you treat them...if you are nice, caring and considerate then it should be shown back...But it's Monday and I'm going to try it...I'm going to force my mind to not expect anything from anyone. 

I will keep you all updated...<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment